This new page will cover any announcements, proceedings, etc. involved with the Mandate covered by our Township 537 Plan. The first project to be addressed is the Low Pressure Sewer System Extension coming to the area of Houck Manor and Holiday Park. As we move forward, we will have links and postings of press releases, drawings, etc. detailing the progress. The homepage of this site will always notify the public of new additions to this page.
Houck Manor sewer installations are proceeding well! Many residents have connected and are now using their new pumping systems. If you have not yet done so, please stop in at the Township Office and pickup your building and electricals permits before picking up your sewer permit! If you have any questions, feel free to contact us and we will do our best to assist! We can be reached by phone at 717.540.0124.
In addition, you may see representatives from the manufacturer out in the neighborhood. They are doing the official Warranty Start-Ups for the pumps that are installed so far. There will be more dates scheduled as more residents come online.
Houck Manor Construction Complete and Resident Installations Have Begun
Now that construction is complete, residents have begun installations of their individual grinder pump systems. As a reminder, below is a checklist for the process of getting your permits and you pumping system. Please be sure to get the final inspections by the Township before the final inspection by the Authority so that your system may go "live" as quickly and efficiently as possible!
1.Review all the documents you received in the packet from the Township
2. Decide if you are doing the work yourself or hiring a contractor to perform the work.
3. If you choose to use a contractor, we have supplied a list of contractors below who have worked in the area. You may utilize one of those listed or choose one of your own. Have the contractor sign the waiver included in your packet so that they may take over the project from you. This waiver will need to be returned to the Authority so that we are able to work with your contractor.
4. Submit (or have your contractor submit) a design for the installation to the Township for approval.
5. Once approved, retrieve your electrical and building permits from the Township and then visit the Sewer Authority at 7901 Jonestown Road to turn in your Voucher and receive your Sewer Connection Permit.
6. Either pick up your equipment the day you receive your sewer permit or coordinate a pickup with the Sewer Authority. You may have your contractor work with us to coordinate pickup as well.
7. Once your equipment is received, install or have your contractor install it according to Sewer Authority specifications (available HERE for download).
8. Schedule a final inspection with the Township. Upon approval, contact the Sewer Authority for inspection of the grinder pump installation.
9. Once final approval is given, you will be permitted to go "live" and will be connected to the public sewer system. You will be able to use your new system and will no longer be disposing of your sewage on your property. The Authority will schedule a day when the pump manufacturer's representative will be onsite to do an inspection an official "start up" and begin your 3 year warranty. You will not be required to be present when this is performed.
If you have any questions about the process, PLEASE CONTACT US and we will do our best to help you with them!
PROPOSED HOUCK MANOR CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULE
The following is the PROPOSED construction schedule for the installation of public sewer in Houck Manor. We ask that affected homeowners contact the Authority to discuss the lateral location that best suits them no later than JUNE 1st. If the Authority does not hear from a homeowner, the laterals will be placed as shown on the final design drawing of the sewer system as shown at the meeting on November 15th 2018.
MID MAY - Project Begins With Mainline Installation On Hillside Road
JUNE 1 - LAST DAY TO PLACE LATERAL STAKES. IF A STAKE IS NOT PLACED BY AN AUTHORITY EMPLOYEE WITH THE HOMEOWNER'S DIRECTION, THE AUTHORITY WILL ASSUME THAT THE HOMEOWNER IS CONTENT WITH THE LOCATION OF THE LATERAL ON THE FINAL DESIGN DRAWING.
MID JUNE - Mainline Installation On Chestnut Avenue And Walnut Avenue
LATE JUNE - Lateral Installation Begins On Hillside Road
EARLY JULY - Lateral Installation On Chestnut Avenue And Walnut Avenue
THROUGHOUT JULY - Installing Air Releases And Cleanouts In The Mainline
MID JULY - Installation Of The Mainline On Linglestown Road
THROUGHOUT AUGUST - Lateral Installation on Linglestown Road
LATE AUGUST - Blacktop Patching and Lawn Repair
Grinder pump installation will begin in EARLY SEPTEMBER, once the system has been installed and tested.